home about youtube links contact
"I believe in pink. I believe that laughing is the best calorie burner. I believe in kissing...kissing a lot. I believe that happy girls are the prettiest girls."
Audrey Hepburn


Friday, May 27, 2011

Manic Panicked!


So evidently, this is what happens when you apply Manic Panic 'Flaming' over red hair with chunks of blonde. A month into it, I had already tired of the blonde steaks with their rapidly expanding roots and cry for expensive 'upkeep'. I've never felt comfortable with maintaining blonde hair at home.


Red, I'm used to. So partly out of impatience and partly out of curiosity, I applied 'Flaming' this morning over all my hair. I usually use this shade to kick up my red hair color when the permanant hue starts to fade. So I am very used to the application of this product. I did NOT expect the blonde streaks to be such a bold primary red. I'm dying to see it under black light! haha




Incidentally, this is gonna fade big time after two or three washes...so I'm pretty sure I'll have to do something to doctor up those streaks. Otherwise, they'll be a yucky 'salmon' color after a few days. The rest of the hair turned out just as expected. It usually has a cool tone to it at first and then fades to a nice bright auburn.

xxoo,
Ashley

17 comments:

-Megs- said...

I like it honestly! But it will fade fast! Lovin the red girl! I am debating whether to go back to blonde or keep my red... my blonde roots come up so fast though!

Wicca'd Witch said...

Don't panic (see what I did there?)

Firstly I have to say - I LOVE the red (as you might note from my picture)

My hair is mostly bright, vivid red and but underneath it is bleached blond. It's not too much upkeep to be honest, and I can't imagine being any other colour

Yes the red will start to fade, but not as quickly as you might think. I 'top up' my permanent lift and colour with Special FX nuclear red. I only ever need to do this every two or three weeks, the same as you 'top up' your permanent colour. Having said that I only wash my hair every three days and I never use very very hot water.

I say keep it devilish for a while!

Lonnie said...

well the FX color brand lasts a lot longer than manic panic, and because the hair cuticle has been opened up with the bleach it won't fade as fast because the red is deeper into the actual strand of hair.

Eirin Edvardsen said...

I once bleached strikes in my hair in the nineties, to dye them red. Like yours are. I was so sorry when they faded... made me colour my hair black again pretty fast...

Zelzega said...

I love the 2-tone red! It's so cool.

Unknown said...

I really like it, too bad you can't keep it from fading.

FairyFiligree said...

You are dashing! I've never had such a colour on my hair - don't think it would suit me either.

Heichelbech-Weill Genealogy said...

I like the red actually. But, I like the all same color red the best.

Sara @ My Life in the Spirit said...

It looks super cute like that! I really like the bright red streaks, but its too bad that it will fade...

Alli said...

Don't panic- I think it looks awesome! So cute :)

asoftblackstar said...

Oh-so-lovely! Those two shades are perfect together. I second Wicca'd Witch's suggestion to use Special Effects. It has a longer lasting color payoff.

Nadia said...

It looks really nice! Red hair is hard work, but so cool :)

Lexy Mademyday said...

I'm actually a platinum blonde but it is so bad for my hair that I have to stop bleaching it although I really love it the way it is...but your red hair is a real inspiration for my next change!;) you really rock it!

vintage_kitten said...

I love it.It's pretty with the two reds.I had magenta from loreal for a while and also was trying to cover streaks and mine dd the same thing.But it's so pretty and different.Especially when you do rolls and up do's the two colors look really pretty.

Anonymous said...

I have some pink streaks (also manic panic) in my platinum blonde hair and I just dip a toothbrush in the colour every other day or so and give them a little touch-up where needed, that way I don't have to worry about the colour fading!

Natalie Stone said...

I love it! I'm actually planning to do the same thing to my hair for this weekend's burlesque performance. Nice to get a taste of what it might look like when I'm done.

Have you tried stamping your color? My hairstylist did it to my bleached streak the last time I had my hair professionally colored, and it lasted a long time, and was very saturated.

Vivcore said...

Tried writing earlier, but blogger was playing up for me...

I do love the red though! I used to have bright purple hair for about 3 years and the way I kept is new dye perfect all the time was by mixing some of the dye in with a bottle of conditioner, then one a week or so when I was taking a long shower, shaving my legs, for eg I'd use that instead of my regular conditioner and that would top up the color enough that it never got all that faded. Not sure how strong the red is but it used to work well for me!

Post a Comment