home about youtube links contact
"I believe in pink. I believe that laughing is the best calorie burner. I believe in kissing...kissing a lot. I believe that happy girls are the prettiest girls."
Audrey Hepburn


Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Some of my favorite Etsy Shops...

I have been frequenting Etsy alot, recently. I like the ease of naviagation and the variety of amazing handmade items available. Some of my favorite shops at the moment are as follows:

1. Andewynn Designs:
http://www.etsy.com/shop.php?user_id=5161618&&ga_search_query=andewyn+designs&ga_search_type=handmade&ga_page=&order=date_desc&includes[]=tags&includes[]=title


In an ocean of homemade jewelry, Adrienne's designs really stand out. I love the turn and organic flow of her pieces, such as the 'cloud' bracelet pictured above. Her creations are traditional, but edgy. Contemporary, but antique. It's hard to label such things but all of them are beautiful and equisitely crafted. I love the idea of having one-of-a-kind jewelry and these pieces are something I'd be proud to show off.

2.Lapaperie and Cozy:
http://www.etsy.com/shop.php?user_id=5377992&fref=fb_itemlist

There is something very comforting about writing down one's thoughts in a handbound leather journal. Beverly makes some gorgeous ones. The journals are beautifully bound in a rustic leather and some contain quotes by noteable authors on the title page-an extra source of enthusiastic inspiration for we of the 'budding brain'. There are guestbooks, sketchbooks, and other niceties also available. Whichever you choose, I'm certain you'll be thrilled with the workmanship and the 'personality' of your own gorgeous volume.

3. Topsy Turvy Designs:
http://www.etsy.com/shop.php?user_id=5205648

This shop offers phenomal accessories for costuming or simply living out your own glamorous vintage style. The prices reflect the quality of the items but the originality can't be questions. Of particular note are the stunning feather fascinators, sassy bellhop pillbox hats, and sequinned flower clips for those extra girlie occasions.

4. Baroque and Roll:
http://www.etsy.com/view_listing.php?listing_id=29897142

Creative hats are always impressive and this site has some gorgeous options. I love the tweed with feathers, as pictured above, and some of the vintage jewelled hair clips offered on this site are the absolutely perfect. There are also 1920's style headbands that would be enviable by today's standards as well, and did I mention the decorative cuffs? Stunning.

Tha's all for now. Feel free to post your own suggestions for Etsy handmade goodies in the comments. :)

2 comments:

Adrienne said...

Oh, wow! Thanks for the feature!

BWK Art said...

I'm absolutely *in love* with Etsy...so many unique handmade things there. Thank you for the lovely feature of my journals! :)

Post a Comment