home about youtube links contact
"I believe in pink. I believe that laughing is the best calorie burner. I believe in kissing...kissing a lot. I believe that happy girls are the prettiest girls."
Audrey Hepburn


Thursday, October 29, 2009

The Living History of 'Belle Blossoms'



"Why Miss Katherine, you have flowers in your hair!"-Mr Beebe (A Room With a View)

Quick Disclaimer: I am not being paid by this company to promote and assist in marketing this product. I am simply trying to help out a friend with a new and exciting endeavor.


When I first began wearing flowers in my hair, I never looked back. I don't know what it is exactly about a simple blossom (real or synthetic), that makes me feel so feminine and 'pretty'. Whatever it is, there is no doubt that hair accessories are an integral part of vintage styling. Not only are flowers and decorative accessories important for aspiring 'pin up girls', but they are also making a huge comeback in modern styles. For this reason, I went on a mission to find good quality hair acccessories at a reasonable price.

I first realized the need for quality floral clips etc, when a silk red rose I had in my possession simply fell apart. Looking closely at its construction, I found that it was shoddily made and the barette style clip was a bad idea. It slid out of my fine hair repeatedly but also made it impossible to reposition the clip without damaging my painstakingly achieved hairstyle. A single prong clip is a much better option, which considerably narrows the field of options. Floral hair combs are also difficult to come by.

It was then that my attention returned to a childhood friend of mine who had a business designing hair accessories and other things for children. Her hair bows and hairbands for little girls were so lovingly constructed that I couldnt resist approaching her with the idea of making 'grown-up' options. She jumped at it, and I am thrilled to announce that the prototypes she sent me are some of the best I've tried. For her 'Belle Blossoms', bows, and fascinators, she uses the single pronged clips I mentioned but also covers them with a wonderful non-slip, textured fabric. This means that, not only will those things stay put, but they also don't damaged our perfectly coiffed hair, when moved. The flowers are realistic and soft-bodied (not stiff or bulky), lightweight, and extraordinarily well made.

I can't wait to share these with you on my channel and sincerely hope that you all will visit her site and help her jump-start this new portion of her business. Also, don't forget about the childrens' items she offers, those of you who have little 'belles' to think about.

I couldnt get the darn link to work! So simple copy and paste the web address below into your address bar to view the new line.
http://www.littlebellesboutique.com/category_57/BELLE-BLOSSOMS.htm

1 comments:

Eese said...

They are so beautiful! I can't wait to try these!

Post a Comment