home about youtube links contact
"I believe in pink. I believe that laughing is the best calorie burner. I believe in kissing...kissing a lot. I believe that happy girls are the prettiest girls."
Audrey Hepburn


Thursday, December 31, 2009

'Auld Aquaintance' Indeed!



Aye me, where does the time go? 2009 marks the end of a decade but also the end of our life as we currently know it...*Mwahahahahaha*. Anyway, in spite of the intimidating aspect of such an idea, it can also be an uplifting one. After all, everything to come is unknown...sure to be an adventure.



So how will you be spending your evening? Will you be using one of those glittery eye makeup tutorials on youtube and catting around the town? Or will you be at home, snuggled up with the family, like me? Either way, I hope your year ends in a warm and peaceful way that you can right home about. I personally have planned to comandeer the television and watch every inch of that 'Thin Man' Marathon on TCM tonight! My husband is planning to subject all of us to hours upon hours of Three Stooges tomorrow, so I feel like a little Nick and Nora is not too much to ask.




The final tutorial of the year was posted Tuesday and I'm so pleased that most of you seem to be enjoying it. I liked making it and I have a few more ideas along the same lines. I've always loved whimsy, so a series based on cartoon characters was bound to come along. The idea is to make the styles 'say' the different characters without it being too obvious. Betty Boop was a really fun gal to re-create...as you can see, the result was not meant to be a literal interpretation. I chose to individually pincurl the hair into those 'swirls' that Betty wears, instead of just curling the hair and and doing a faux bob. And the makeup is distinctly 30's, with a heightened crease that has been toned down by using a muted brown shade, and very little blending.

I also wanted to make sure that Miss Boop's signature lower lashes weren't left out completely and so I placed lashes on the outer edge of both the upper and lower lashline. This step make the look a little more dramatic than I had originally intended, so it can easily be left out. The red lipstick is from Julie Hewett cosmetics and is a very good quality product. It is double pigmented w/out being overly drying. Silver hoops further contribute to the general effect without, again, making the look appear too costumey.

Anyway, thanks for all that you all have done for me over the past year...I'm so thrilled w/ your feedback and continued requests.

'Til We Meet Again...'

1 comments:

Tom said...

Hi, I just discovered your blogs and have enjoyed reading your movie reviews! Keep up the great work, and look forward to more in 2010! Cheers, Tom

Post a Comment