home about youtube links contact
"I believe in pink. I believe that laughing is the best calorie burner. I believe in kissing...kissing a lot. I believe that happy girls are the prettiest girls."
Audrey Hepburn


Friday, July 22, 2011

'Grandma Miller's Rolls'-Viewer Contributed Family Recipe!


I am so pleased to be trying my hand at 'viewer contributed' family recipes on my Youtube Channel! The recipe for this week's tutorial was offered by viewer Karen, who claims he Grandma Miller's homemade rolls were next to none! Make sure to check out the video for the full process (and some great tunes by Marti Brom), but here is the written version of the recipe.

xxoo,
Ashley
___________________________________________

Grandma's Rolls

2 eggs well beaten
1/3 c. powdered milk
4 tsp yeast dissolved in 3/4 c warm water with 1 tsp sugar
1 1/2 c water
2 T sugar
1 tsp salt
shortening
margarine
about 4 3/4c. flour

Mix together all ingredients with enough flour to make a soft batter that can be rolled out on a floured surface. Roll to 1/2 inch thick and spread dough with thin layer of shortening. Fold again and roll, then spread with margarine. Fold one last time and roll, then cut into circles (Grandma used a glass for a cutter). Dip half of dough circle in melted margarine, fold in half, pinching edges, and lay close to one another in baking pan. Let rise for about 2 hours. Bake at 425 degrees for 10 minutes

2 comments:

Kate said...

Did they taste nice?! x

Young Vintage Girl said...

Looks Delicious :) I wish I could have some Family Recipes to turn to but sadly I dont!:(

Post a Comment