home about youtube links contact
"I believe in pink. I believe that laughing is the best calorie burner. I believe in kissing...kissing a lot. I believe that happy girls are the prettiest girls."
Audrey Hepburn


Sunday, April 17, 2016

Retrospec'd -The Elizabeth Dress and Why You Need It



I first discovered Retrospec'd a few years ago at Viva Las Vegas. I was doing behind-the-scenes event coverage for Miss L Fire and the gals from Retrospec'd were wearing that brand's shoes during the show. It was a blast making the video, but most importantly, I discovered a brand I'd never known about and whose quality I can vouch for first hand! These dresses are spectacular, gorgeously made, and universally flattering. They also make menswear and the guys walked the runway as well, which made the whole show very picturesque and polished.


So anyway, two years have passed and I still hadn't bought myself a Retrospec'd frock. Not sure why. I think I just felt like I couldn't decide, mainly. I knew I wanted one of their pastoral landscape prints but there were so many beauties to choose from that I couldn't make up my mind. Then, the Gay Pari made its entrance and baby, I was SOLD. This print just titillated me for so many reasons. I love the color scheme, the subject matter, the placement on the dresses. And the Elizabeth dress, in this print, made me SWOON. I knew the Elizabeth was probably the style I'd choose anyway, but I had another print in mind until this one came along. And I'm so glad it did!

The package arrived one afternoon when I was at work so I was on pins and needles until I got home. When I saw it, I'll admit to being pretty confused. It was so slim and lightweight; it seemed like there had to just be a blouse in there! It seemed that such a feather-light full circle skirted dress would be very thin and skimpy. Thankfully, when I removed it from the packaging I was thrilled to see that the fabric was gorgeous, and actually felt much more substantial than I would think possible at the price point. It has a subtle sheen and the colors are even more vibrant than they appeared in pictures!

The style looks exactly as the pictured frocks on the website, and when I tried it on, I was over-the-moon to see how well it fit! Mine is the size 10, which accommodates me with absolutely no hitches. The top fits flatteringly over the bust and includes some gathering that accentuates the curve of the busom, but it doesn't gap open at all, something that really impressed me for the surplice style neckline it features.


The waist fits smoothly and neatly when I'm not in firm support garments, but when I am, it doesn't look bunchy or 'off'. More points!


I always wear a petticoat beneath my circle skirts, and the style of this one is perfect for that since it falls smoothly over the extra lift. I was comfortable and confident the entire night.

To sum up, I'll just say that this dress is more than I ever anticipated ( as I should have expected from my first hand view of them at the show) but also has proven to be one of the best I've ever owned.


I guess it goes without saying that purchasing from Retrospec'd in the future is a no-brainer!!
_________________________________________________________

All pictures taken by Jerry Plunk of Plunk Kreativ, Memphis Tn. Shot on location in Downtown Memphis at the Cotton Exchange Building.

1 comments:

Unknown said...

You look stunning in this dress. very summery and the head scarf is a nice finishing touch. now I need shades to look at these photos

Post a Comment