home about youtube links contact
"I believe in pink. I believe that laughing is the best calorie burner. I believe in kissing...kissing a lot. I believe that happy girls are the prettiest girls."
Audrey Hepburn


Friday, July 15, 2016

The Country Broad & the City Broad- A YouTube Collaboration

I first ran across Lolita Haze quite a few years ago when I was a visitor of the forums called The Fedora Lounge. She had such a great attitude and such a handle on her own vintage style, that I began following her blog and youtube uploads with interest. Since then, we've both been super busy ladies and I actually lost track of her for a while.
I'm happy to see that she's back on youtube delivering more great platinum hairstyles with effortless rolls and plenty of pow!

When she approached me recently for a collaboration idea, I was stumped at first. It's hard to remain creative and vintage-authentic at the same time anyway, so adding someone else's style into the mix can be challenging. Then she mentioned a 'Country hairstyle/City Hairstyle' collab, and that really hit home...I loved the idea of doing a tongue-in-cheek revamp of the age-old 'Country Mouse & City Mouse' fable! I would be the Country broad, since I'm southern born and raise, and Lolita would do a vintage take on a City Broad.

For a few days I browsed the inter-webs in search of some photo-inspiration, and realized that I wanted to keep it simple...closer to what a typical country gal from the south might have actually done to her hair in the heat of summer. Usually there would have been a wet-set involved, to combat humidity, and flowers would have been plucked and perhaps woven into a chain for adornment. So the following look was born, and quite literally created 'on the fly'. It came out a little more bridal than I expected, which I didn't mind at all, and also even a little Petticoat Junction? I can see it with overalls and a gingham top but it would pair just as easily with an eyelet slip dress. I wore this with pride the day I did it though, because it felt completely organic to me. A bit sloppy maybe, but hey, who needs perfection?


I hope you enjoy the following tutorial as well..and please don't forget to check out Lolita's Video too, which will be linked in the info bar.


So Long, Dearies!!

0 comments:

Post a Comment