home about youtube links contact
"I believe in pink. I believe that laughing is the best calorie burner. I believe in kissing...kissing a lot. I believe that happy girls are the prettiest girls."
Audrey Hepburn


Thursday, July 28, 2016

Vintage Hair Problems: Rolling the Back of Your Head


I get a lot of Vintage Style questions via email and on social media and usually the questions are pretty easy to answer in writing, with just a few words. Occasionally however, one arises that I feel a video would better serve to answer. This one, for instance:

How do I roll the back of my head?

Because I tend to roll my hair without a back view at all, I sometimes take it for granted that it's something everyone does. I know there are some girls who firmly believe in precision in this regard, using a mirror and a rat-tail comb to delicately part and curl the back of their head to perfection. And certainly vintage styling books show very specific placement for the back of the head, being geared towards the professional crowd as they are. But I do think most people don't give it a lot of thought or effort. Or at least, I think most ladies would prefer not to have to take that much time setting their hair at night.

If you are that latter gal, this video is for you! This is how I set my hair in the back and yes, I show you the messy results as well as the actual style that comes from the process. It doesn't have to be a thoughtful procedure unless you want it to be...and if you do, I salute you. But if you don't...join me and the other ladies who enjoy sitting in a tv-lit room watching Stephen Colbert as we haphazardly throw our hair up for the night!

xoxo,
Ashley


1 comments:

1940s Fashion Dresses said...

It does not look that difficult.. Thanks for sharing!

Post a Comment